Medical and surgical approaches – depending on the need
- Treatment of swimmers ear and other outer ear canal infections
- Treatment of middle ear infections
- Treatment of the inner ear infections and balance disturbances thereof
- Surgery to the outer ear, eardum, middle ear, inner ear for e.g.
- Biopsies and removal of skin cancers of the ear Removal of wax and foreign bodies from ears
- Placement of grommets – ventilation tubes for acute and chronic middle ear infections
- Surgery to address conductive hearing loss and certain sensorineural hearing loss with implantable hearing devices
- Surical treatment for balance disorders
- Tympanoplasty – fix holes in the eardrum
- Ossiculoplasty – fix the earbones in the middle ear to improve hearing
- Mastoidectomy – drill out the infected bone behind the ear in chronic discharging ears
- Cholesteatoma surgery for chronic draining ears
- Canalplasty and Meatoplasty – improve the earcanal size in narrow canals
Some plastic surgery procedures to the ear for e.g. Placement of implants for prosthetic ears
- Trauma or cancer of the ear
- Congenital abnormalities
- Placement of implants for hearing aids for e.g. Bone anchored hearing aids.
- When the outer ear was injured of cut away due to cancer.